Have you ever felt like you are losing yourself on stage, your knees are trembling or shaking , you have to pee at that exact moment, you are going to faint, your throat is tied with a cloth, you can’t breathe or your heartbeat is racing a marathon? Well these are all exact symptoms of social anxiety or what we call stage fear. Every adolescent experiences this . They feel conscious of the presence of a large crowd or even a small one. The main question which grabs their attention is what people will think of them when they speak.
Most of the people start experiencing this after teenage. Before this age they are not that conscious of people. As it’s said, children are innocent at heart and they don’t worry about anything. But after a certain age we begin worrying about tiny things and get conscious. We are basically afraid of getting embarrassed and try to avoid occasions like that.
This is even hard for the introverts to come forward with this thought in mind. Extroverts are known for their outward nature to come forward but this doesn’t excuse the fact that they also experience the same fear. This fear can only be solved by getting to where it started, i.e.to involve yourself constantly in stage performances and erase your fear. Nothing else is the solution. You have to earn this confidence through setting yourself up there on stage.
Top things to do when you feel stage fright.
- Take a deep breath. Try exhaling longer than inhaling. Inhale the positivity and exhale the negativity. Try to cool down yourself. Bring your heartbeat to normal.
- Shift your focus from yourself to the task you’re performing and try to give out your best.
- Stop thinking about what may go wrong and motivate yourself with what you might win. Fill your mind with the positive aspects of winning.
- Practise your material or practice speaking your content aloud and with confidence in front of your friends or mirror. This will increase your confidence.
- Be natural. Being perfect is not important. Focus on winning the hearts of people. Maintain a confident posture with a smile.
Most of the time, due to stage fright people lose confidence in themselves and lose promotions, higher positions in their career or backoff from performing in front of people even though they are brilliant at it. Stage fear can steal your success if you let it govern you.
Also Checkout: 29 Free Survival Gear Items Every Prepper Should Get
Leave a Reply